Sunday 31 October 2010

I had a brace once...

Well in a few weeks i will be getting ready for the long journey of braces. I'm not that scared I'm more concerned about what colours to get on my first appointment. Well the other week i had to go for the 'what were going to do to you' meetings with the orthodontist, they give you the whole you need to brush more and show you braces and the treatment plan [basically the longest one humanly possible so they can the most money out the NHS], so apparently if i tolerate it I'm looking at about a year to 18 months.

Many of my friends have had braces
and have told me things that have happened to them [thanks for the horror stories!] so i am prepared i have bought three little boxes of wax which are so lovely i got two mint scented ones and a chocolate one, i also got two packs of orthosil and some comfort covers to stop my braces hurting and cutting the sides of my cheeks.








Well this isn't my first brace i have had i was told my bite was awful and i need this fixed brace which filled the top part of my mouth leaving unable to eat and breath properly it was called the Quad helix and that one lasted a whole four day. Well they would of had to take it out because of my MIR scan and holiday to Slovakia and the food would of been a nightmare with it in.
When I get my brace i am going to be very sad no chewing gum, no sticky food, no fizzy pop or energy drink [never going to happen], no pizza and i can't bite into anything properly oh joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment